Register for our monthly newsletter Telephone: +44(0)131 5555 882

Foreign and overseas tax issues

We understand that in today's economic climate many businesses have some overseas presence whether it’s having overseas customers, foreign shareholders or working abroad.

Thanks to our many years of experience in this area and our international network of expert professionals, are well placed to deliver expert guidance to our clients. We can assist with foreign and overseas aspects, as well as advising on international tax and cross border issues.


Whether you are considered UK resident or not will affect whether you need to pay UK taxes on your non-UK income. HMRC has a test (called the 'Statutory Residence Test') which they use to determine whether an individual is resident in the UK.

Even if you are non-UK resident you may still need to complete a UK Self-Assessment Tax Return.

There are also special rules for UK residents whose permanent home is abroad and for foreign students coming to study in the UK.

Working out whether you're resident and how much tax should be paid (if any), is not always as straight forward as you might hope. At Alpha P Consulting we would be happy to assist you to ensure you pay only the right amount of tax.

Companies & Partnerships

We are in a position to assist UK businesses who are trading overseas or overseas companies looking to establish a legal presence in the UK.

We can assist with:

  • Company/Partnership incorporation
  • Registration of a branch or establishment
  • Administration of your company or branch
  • Accounting & tax services

If you’d like to know more about international tax planning and other foreign and overseas aspects, please contact us.