The firm is looking for a part- or fully-qualified accountant with a solid all round public practice experience in providing financial and management accounting services to clients generally and to companies operating within the UK technology and digital industry in particular.
The ideal candidate will also have a knowledge and understanding of modern business models (e.g. Freemium, advertising, subscriptions and experience-orientated/crowd users business models) and the unique financial and accounting needs associated with them.
The role will involve assisting tech start ups and digital companies with five main areas;
- preparing a start up strategy
- assisting with company valuation and funding
- dealing with statutory compliance
- preparing management accounts, budgets and reports to aid the client's growth
- assisting with international expansion
- Ability to deal with technology start ups needs as described above
- Financial accounting (including statutory compliance matters)
- Management accounting and preparation of management reports
- Tax planning advice
- Experience providing accounting, financial and management consulting services to companies operating in the UK technology and digital industry.
- Ability to prioritise, take responsibility for assigned tasks and progress to completion within set deadlines i.e. strong task management skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills to support liaison within accounts team and with other departments in head office.
- Able to work well both within a team and on own initiative
- Drive and determination to succeed, coupled with the ability to learn quickly
- Highly numerate with proven analytical skills and strong Excel skills
- Experience with cloud accounting software such as Xero or Kashflow.
Salary will be reviewed in line with experience and performance.
To apply for this position please send a CV and covering letter detailing your experience with tech companies to Alexandros Papantoniou at firstname.lastname@example.org.